On Dec 4, 2007 3:03 AM, Hunkeler Peter (KIUK 3) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Of what value are such progress bars other than proving useless
> animation can also be provided in TSO sessions? Those development
> resources would better be working on real enhancements.
>
> --
> Peter Hunkeler
> CREDIT SUISSE
>
> I agree that progress bars are just a technical stunt.

The only time I ever put one to practical use was to demonstrate to my
sysprog how poor the TSO response time was on the Development system vs
Production.   I had him run the progress bar function on both systems and
the difference was alarming enough to cause him to launch an investigation.