I hate to say it, but I hope IBM loses this legal fight.

Why?

Come one, be serious.  How many of us here would LOVE to have our own
mainframe sitting on a spare laptop, just for bragging rights alone?  "Well, I
just finished up this work on my mainframe, and..." is an ego boost equivalent
to getting an office visit from the Grace Hopper Cheerleaders!  I know just
having a small test platform like that would be a fantastic addition to the
"cool
factor" that a Supreme Nerd God like myself (as verified by
http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_nq.php ) needs for street cred with the plastic
pocket protector crowd!

Come on, IBM!  Make that software available to IBM-MAIN'ers, RACF-L'ers,
etc., for $100 a pop, and you'll be able to make at least $20 profit on each
copy.  That'll help your bottom line (not to mention your pre-Christmas sales,
which I know you depend on for 70% of your annual income) and make
several dozen tech-heads like myself very, very happy!