I was thinking (dreaming) today about what if when I giving training for
MVS stuff and each student had their own mainframe instead of connecting
to a central one.  We could do so much more.

Here is what I wonder.  Does IBM want to be a software company, a
hardware company, or a service provider?  Or what?

No matter what, though, making z/OS software accessible for more people
to learn can only increase IBM's profits no matter what they want to be.
I mean, come one, I'm not going to replace my spread sheets with a CICS
application.

Anyway, well put, Doc.

RACF-L'ers,
> etc., for $100 a pop, and you'll be able to make at least $20 profit
on
> each
> copy.  That'll help your bottom line (not to mention your
pre-Christmas