--------------------<snip>----------------------

This just came up. Which is better: to allocate more, smaller, SORTWKnn
DD statements, or fewer, larger, SORTWKnn DD statements, or does it not
really matter. By "better", I mean: "Which will result in a shorter run
time?".

The question came up due to a huge sort this weekend. DFSORT wanted to
allocate the SORTWKnn space > 3390-3 volume. We only have 3390-3
volumes. So the question is, do I update defaults to have more than 32
volumes or do we consider creating 3390-9 volumes for SORTWKnn?

This is IBM's DFSORT on z/OS 1.8. Yes, I am aware of Syncsort's MAXSORT
capability. No, it will not be considered. End of discussion on that
point, please.
My thought would be to allow more SORTWKxx datasets. Just my $.02 worth.