On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:10:06 -0000, Van Dalsen, Herbie
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Not sure what's going to happen to the 3590 carts...

Some examples of what can be done, depending on requirements:
- If re-deploying 3590's, the Data Security Erase command can be used.  This
is available from a CBT program (I believe), or our TelTape for z/OS or TelTape
for Windows products.
- Also if re-deploying, 3590's can be systematically overwritten.  Our Windows
product also "certifies" so you will know which cartridges are error-free and
which fail, as well as having the data overwrittten.
- Otherwise, Secure Media Destruction services can be contracted.  This
involves an optional step of degaussing the 3590's on-site, followed by
transportation to a destruction facility.  Our partner uses a Waste-To-Energy
process that minimizes environmental impact.  The on-site degaussing step is
performed more frequently these days.

Regards,
Mike Baldwin
Cartagena Software Ltd.