In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 01/10/2008
   at 06:38 PM, "Van Dalsen, Herbie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>All I can say is this... It amazes my that a sysprog with a gripe this
>size, have not put this fingers to the keyboard and wrote a utility to
>automatically invoke a spellchecker inside your email program to fix it
>before you have to look at it,

He needs to do more than that; he needs to modify the e-mail program and
he needs to find a spelling corrector that actually works automatically.
The first is difficult if the program isn't already written to call
plugins and the second is beyond the state of the art.

I make spelling errors, and I run a spell checker in an attempt to catch
them, but if I blindly accepted every proposed "correction" my prose would
be far worse than it is. Spell checkers in the real world are only useful
to authors, and then only when used selectively.