If you are running the CICS Itegrated translator You should be fine. I ran
it in a
Your Application developers may not like it since it generates different
source code
that a CICS program compiled with the Translator.
It was my application staff that couldnt adjust to the Intergrated
translator.

Bill Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
02/20/2008 01:47 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Fw: COBOL Compiler options

Using the coprocessor is NOT exactly the same as running the preprocessor
and then the compiler.  As far as I know, there have been NO reports of
"different run-time" results from the two, but there are things that using
the coprocessor can do that the preprocessor can't (see the Programming
Guide for details) e.g.
  http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/IGY3PG40/3.1.2.2

I would, however, check you LISTINGS to make certain that all the "Options
in Effect" are the same with the two methods.  It is possible that one of
your compiler procs has different settings and this COULD impact run-time
results.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> In our shop, for CICS COBOL programs, we run the preprocessor
> DFHECP1$, then
> the compile step IGYCRCTL.
> I thought of bypassing the DFHECP1$ step by running the IGYCRCTL with
> 'CICS' in
> the parm.
>
> That was fine.
>
> Except, a co-worker pointed out to me that the generated object code
> differs,
> and, as such, is apprehensive.
>
> Does anyone know why that is?
>

> Thanks

*************************** IMPORTANT
NOTE***************************** The opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have
been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally
binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to
provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.