Perhaps this will clarify (from the CICS TS 3.2 CICS Application
Programming Guide):

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DFHP3C00/2.1.
1.1

Note that the COBOL option NODYNAM "must be in effect" for use of the
Integrated Translator.  Perhaps that's one of the "overrides" that is
repugnant to "DLL mode compiles"?

    -jc-