On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 03:25:05 -0500, Jan MOEYERSONS
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>A big thanks and a virtual beer to you. And thanks to the other responders, as
>>always.

>Being confronted with similar issue, I would like to know if indeed there is
>a sure-fire way of cloning a userid and all of its permissions from an
>existing one? How would one go about that?

The IBM Tivoli zSecure Admin product can clone users for you.

Alternatively, you can get the DBSYNC tool from the RACF Downloads page at
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/racf/goodies.html and with
a bit of work it can do what you want.

It will take as input the flat file generated by IRRDBU00, and then generate
commands to recreate the database.  From those commands, you could select
all the commands that reference the existing user ID, and then change the ID
to a new one, and run the commands.  Then you'd have a user just like the
original one, except for the password that you'd have to specify.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design