On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM, McKown, John <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Of course, I don't allow ftp at all. I use SSH. I
> think that there is an SSH server available for Windows, but I don't
> really know.

FTP is popular, but a nasty protocol to secure properly, especially through
NAT-style routers since it uses multiple socket connections.  Buts thats a
whole new topic :-)

There are several commercial SSHD servers for Windows.
Many use OpenSSH, which is also works well on Windows using Cygwin.

Our free Co:Z toolkit, which uses SSH, supports Windows servers as partners
to z/OS.
We have some quick-start instructions on setting up OpenSSH on Windows here:

http://dovetail.com/docs/coz/install.html#install_win

Kirk