Your goal for first period TSO looks good.  You probably want around 90%
of your TSO transactions completing within that period.  Check that out
and if you don't increase the duration slightly.  Another suggestion
would be to bump the second period TSO importance level to 3 so it is
running the same as your PRDBATHI.

Are you running CICS or IMS and if so what are their goals and
importance levels.  You want to make sure they run above batch and TSO.

Tom Kelman
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

Watson
> quickstart (or whatever it is called). We are only using one service
class
> for TSO users.  For the most part it works fine but during batch
window we
> have times when the operators let a bunch of stuff run in high
priority
> batch service class.  During those times, TSO users tend to sit and
hang.
> Of course, the operators bump up their own priority so they don't have
> problem.  I am looking for suggestions as to how to setup the service
> class
> for TSO users to avoid having them hang during these situations.
>
> Here is my service class for TSO:
>
> Base goal:
> CPU Critical flag: NO
>
>   #  Duration   Imp  Goal description
>   -  ---------  -    ----------------------------------------
>   1  800        2    80% complete within 00:00:00.300
>   2             4    Execution velocity of 40
>

> Here is my service class for PRDBATHI (which I am assuming is causing
the
> problem):
>
> Base goal:
> CPU Critical flag: NO
>
>   #  Duration   Imp  Goal description
>   -  ---------  -    ----------------------------------------
>   1             3    Execution velocity of 40

> Thanks,
> Aimee

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.