In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/28/2008
   at 02:30 PM, "Morris, Carey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>A few nights ago we started getting this message when we tried to send
>emails from the mainframe to our Outlook email server:

>EZA5198I 03/25/08 23:25:23   2< 550 Denied by policy: Sender is listed on
>DNS-based RBL.

I'd say that your lookout admin is not doing his job; the message should
contain more data. Also, he should either be whitelisting his own network
or generating alerts when his own traffic is rejected.

>The Outlook admin explained that we use several outside services to
>identify email from SPAM sites and, for whatever reason, one of those
>sites had identified the mainframe's IP as a SPAM'er.

More likely it had identified your provider as a spammer. What was the IP
address in question?

>but I have not been able to find anything in the Communications Server
>manuals that talks about this.

I wouldn't expect anything there; the CS documentation does not cover mail
abuse issues.

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/30/2008
   at 07:46 AM, "Morris, Carey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I can't see that there's anything we could set up differently in SMTP to
>get a more descriptive reject message.

If traffic from SMTP to lookout is rejected, then the message text is
controlled by lookout. The required fix is not on your side of the link.

OTOH, if the listing is due to something that SMTP did, then you need to
fix that.