On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:44:53 -0500, McKown, John wrote:

> [...]

How many weeks do your CICS regions stay up?

I didn't say you could do this all in an afternoon.  It *could* mean zero down
time if you take enough time to shift the workload.  When you bring up your
CICS regions tomorrow after your nightly maintenance, you bring it up on the
other LPAR.  You shift all your new TSO sessions to the other LPAR.
Eventually, everything is moved.  Maybe it takes a day or a weekend to get
everything shifted.

--
Tom Marchant