On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Shane wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 15:46 -0400, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:
>
> > I've rarely been in a shop that had IPCS and also permitted application
> > programmers to use it.
>
> Peter has mentioned this before. Man, what I've give to have devs that
> were in the least bit interested ...
> FWIW I've never seen a shop restrict IPCS.
>
> Shane ...

I agree. Even the ones who might be that technically inclined just don't
have the time. They are too busy working on other things. If an abend
occurs, they need to fix it ASAP. AbendAID is far better for that than
IPCS. Of course, for applications, I usually just look at the CEEDUMP and
can tell where the problem is (assuming AbendAID doesn't have what is
needed).

--
Q: What do theoretical physicists drink beer from?
A: An EIN stein.

Maranatha!
John McKown