In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 04/11/2008
   at 02:45 PM, "Farley, Peter x23353" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>But then, no other post-mortem tool I'm aware of does that either,

ABDUMP and friends capture multiple tasks.

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 04/11/2008
   at 03:46 PM, "Farley, Peter x23353" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I've rarely been in a shop that had IPCS and also permitted application
>programmers to use it.

I've never been at a shop that prohibited applications programmers from
using IPCS. It's been decades since I've seen an MVS system that didn't
have IPCS.

>By the time I moved to MVS shops, they were so large that they
>followed the rule: "Everything permitted is mandatory; everything
>else is forbidden."

As opposed to the shops that are so large that the users do what they want
no matter what you tell them, and then you have to make it work? It must
be nice to have that kind of power.