Bill,
  We did this a couple of years ago, but here are the main steps we
used.  If you need more detail you can contact me offline.

1.  We setup TN3270 to use its own address spaced called TN3270.
        Point the PROFILE DD statement to the telnet parameter member
2.  We assigned the TN3270 address space the same userid as we had our
TCPIP address space.
3.  In the TCPIP profile data set we assigned port 992 as:
                992 TCP TN3270              ; Telnet Server with SSL
support
4.  Our telnet parameter member looks somewhat like this;
        ;
        ;  Global TN3270 parameters
        ;
        TELNETGLOBALS
                CLIENTAUTH NONE
                TCPIPJOBNAME TCPIP
        ENDTELNETGLOBALS
        ; --------------------------------------------------------
        ;  Define the VTAM parameters for the Telnet/SSL Server.
        ;   This is for the secured port 992 running SSL.
        ; -------------------------------------------------------
        TELNETPARMS
                ENCRYPT
                SSL_3DES_SHA
                SSL_AES_128_SHA
                SSL_AES_256_SHA
                ENDENCRYPT
                SECUREPORT 992 KEYRING SAF tcpipring
        ;   SECUREPORT 992 KEYRING HFS /etc/key.kdb
                WLMCLUSTERNAME TN3270E ENDWLMCLUSTERNAME
        ENDTELNETPARMS
        ;
        BEGINVTAM
                PORT 992
        ; define LU group
                DEFAULTAPPL NVAS
                ALLOWAPPL TSO
                ALLOWAPPL NVAS
        ENDVTAM

5.  We got a certificate from THAWTE.
6.  We decided to use RACF to hold the certificate so we imported the
certificate from THAWTE into RACF as TRUSTED site certificate
7.   defined a keyring under the userid assigned to TN3270 named
tcpipring.  Case sensitive
        The SECUREPORT statement tells TN3270 where to find the
certificate.
8.   connected the THAWTE certificate to the keyring with OWNER=SITE,
usage=personnal, default=yes
9.   Made sure classes DIGTRING, DIGTCERT are active.  I don't think you
define profiles here
10.  Classes CSFSERV needs to be active and you need permission to the
profiles that protect the services you want to use, i.e. CSFENC, CSFPKI.

11.   We also have CSFKEYS active, but I can't remember if it is needed
here or not.

That is what I remember and I bet I forgot something.

Good luck.

Brad Wissink
Information Technology Services
Iowa State University