Pommier, Rex R. wrote:
 Hi List,

I don't know if it is lack of sleep or just a bad day, but a programmer
came to me with a strange question that I can't find an answer to.  We
are using IND$FILE to transfer small files from PCs to a PDS on TSO.
The users log onto TSO/ISPF then navigate to the ISPF command shell
(standard option 6) screen then run their send or receive command from
Rumba.  When I run the command, TSO places the IND$FILE command in my
TSO history (or command recall) line so I can see what was run.  When my
colleague runs the same command, TSO does NOT place the IND$FILE command
in his command recall area of the ISPF panel.  I have checked the TSO
PROFILEs for both sessions and they are identical.  Any idea as to why
mine would keep the command and his wouldn't?

TIA.

Rex

On the ISPF option 6 panel, there is an "action bar" at the top.

The second choice is "List"; this can be set as "Update on" or
"Update off". If you want to preserve the command in the list,
set "Update on".

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> call or email to receive a free sample student handout <==