Given that we had done the exact same thing in the past, I don't think that
there is *any* way to do 'cleanup' of the old structures. I tried all of the
force commands way back when, they all got rejected. (And as that was a test
plex, I could take down the actual DB2/whatever connector, so that I wouldn't
accidentally catch anything wrong.)

You cannot get rid of the connections, as that requires XES code to actually go
out to the CF and issue some sort of command. Remember, the connection and the
structure are *also* in the CF, not just in some control blocks in MVS.
Obviously XES cannot access the CF anymore, as it is *physically* disconnected.

Skips idea of activating a CFRM policy that does not contain the
soon-to-be-gone CF and then delete the connections and structures while XES can
still get at it is the right idea. The only other way is to do the initial IPL
on the new CFs with freshly formatted CFRM CDSs (which incidentally we always
do - guess why!).

Barbara Nitz