On Wed, 14 May 2008 13:43:55 -0500, Tom Schmidt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>We, too, experienced this problem in DR testing.  I chose to recreate the
>problem - and FIX it

<snip>

>My DR view is that that "clean shutdowns" are for whimps.  Perfect the error
>recovery path and skip everything else.

Coming up quick and painless at DR is a goal.  We fixed the problem also by
coming up with clean sysplex and cfrm couple data set.   We know that there
is no clean shutdown before a disaster and the CF back at home is gone, so
why mess with any sort of clean up and force commands.  Even if the
software can handle it (better) now.

Replacing a CF at home is another story...

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]