From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Craddock, Chris
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 12:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Connect:Direct (NDM) CPU Usage

> Hello... VOL=50 basically means half an engine! (I have no idea how
many
> engines you have).

Half an engine? No. It means basically that if you sample the work over a
period of time, that 50% of the time that the work was eligible to be
dispatched it actually was dispatched.

Arguably this is an extremely crude and ill-conceived way of defining a
performance goal, but it's the one we were given :-(

> But  my point is VEL=50 is very high for an IMP=4 workload (IMO).

Often true, but not necessarily. (playing devil's advocate :-)

CC

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html