JES2 or JES3 or both are choices when installing z/OS. No price
differential.

And I'm sure Mr. Cole does well enough enhancing and selling XDC to
believe he doesn't need a job with IBM.

On the other hand, the JES2 folks have been know to add function (exit
loader as a recent example) and some way of supporting FIFO is something
I wanted a decade ago or more. In the end we just did with out and used
carbon based processors to sort the reams of output. Putting Mellon mods
on wasn't an option then, and might not have been adequate anyway given
this latest discussion.

JES2