That's  pretty good idea, Elardus.

Thanks,
Dave Cole              REPLY TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cole Software          WEB PAGE: http://www.colesoft.com
736 Fox Hollow Road    VOICE:    540-456-8536
Afton, VA 22920        FAX:      540-456-6658

At 5/27/2008 07:11 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
David Cole wrote:
>All I was suggesting was a very simple mechanism by which jobs could be
guaranteed to run in the order submitted, nothing more, nothing less. This
guarantee is already there for some JES2 users (those with CNVTNUM=1).
Why not make it possible for everybody?

Seeing you got several different excellent replies, please allow me to give you
a proposed solution. It may or may not work for you:

Write a REXX or CLIST where you submit jobs using a list of members as input.
Put a waiting subroutine (a simple DO loop) between each submission long
enough to allow JES2 to convert the job and place it in the Input Queue. Wait
time in a busy JES2 Sysplex is usually 3 to 5 seconds between job conversions.

Having the same jobname for all jobs and placing everything in one input
queue will help you there.

I do this for 'ad hoc' requests (Not scheduled) where I create datasets,
create several audit reports and then finally FTP them to customers together
with e-mail(s) stating that the audit reports are ready. After FTP everything is
then deleted. Some these jobs do indeed submit other jobs via IEBGENER as a
last step as suggested earlier in this thread.

Will this help you?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht