The pittfall of this construction is in the "usually 3 to 5 seconds".
Checkout how big your problems will be in the situation that it is more
than that, due to whatever reason.

Kees.

"David Cole" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> That's  pretty good idea, Elardus.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Cole              REPLY TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cole Software          WEB PAGE: http://www.colesoft.com
> 736 Fox Hollow Road    VOICE:    540-456-8536
> Afton, VA 22920        FAX:      540-456-6658
>

> At 5/27/2008 07:11 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
> >David Cole wrote:
> > >All I was suggesting was a very simple mechanism by which jobs
could be
> >guaranteed to run in the order submitted, nothing more, nothing less.
This
> >guarantee is already there for some JES2 users (those with
CNVTNUM=1).
> >Why not make it possible for everybody?
> >
> >Seeing you got several different excellent replies, please allow me
> >to give you
> >a proposed solution. It may or may not work for you:
> >
> >Write a REXX or CLIST where you submit jobs using a list of members
as input.
> >Put a waiting subroutine (a simple DO loop) between each submission
long
> >enough to allow JES2 to convert the job and place it in the Input
Queue. Wait
> >time in a busy JES2 Sysplex is usually 3 to 5 seconds between job
conversions.

> >Having the same jobname for all jobs and placing everything in one
input
> >queue will help you there.
> >
> >I do this for 'ad hoc' requests (Not scheduled) where I create
datasets,
> >create several audit reports and then finally FTP them to customers
together
> >with e-mail(s) stating that the audit reports are ready. After FTP
> >everything is
> >then deleted. Some these jobs do indeed submit other jobs via
IEBGENER as a
> >last step as suggested earlier in this thread.
> >
> >Will this help you?
> >
> >Groete / Greetings
> >Elardus Engelbrecht

> >For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
> >send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN
INFO
> >Search the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee
only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part
of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or
attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, and delete this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries
and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor
responsible for any delay in receipt.
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal
Dutch Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with
registered number 33014286