. re "But even if the full DSNAMEs were provided, you'd have no way of knowing
which PDS actually had the member that was
loaded/referenced."

Really?

If one knew the names of the PDS' in question, I "assume" one could discern the
concatenation order.  With that knowledge and the name of the program that was
loaded, it should be, somewhat, simple to firgure out which PDS made the
contribution.
Some simple coding should do the trick...

Would it not?

 On Tue Jun  3 14:07 , Barry Merrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent: