-------------------------<snip>----------------------
I cannot believe how long this thread has lasted. Just RDEF the resource and remove all privs. Wait to see who screams and you answer your question. Does anyone else not use this method?????
It's not RDEF for DSN resources, Jim. Also, I strongl;y that it be defined with "WARN", to avoid a possibly serious disruption, and as a GENERIC, for performance. The risks are PROBABLY minimal in this approach, and you can audit EVERYTHING, to catch both users and updaters.