>Oh, my. My manager considers WLM itself to be a tool of the devil. WLM
>initiators are even worse. WLM has removed at the knobs that we use to make
>the system more productive, dontcha know?? Oh, for the glorious days when
>DPRTY= was king!

I pity you. Don't ya hate managers that used to be technicians, but haven't
kept up with technology?

WLM, SMS, et al were intended to make people more productive (y'know, the ones
we pay to deliver business function) at the expense of more 'unproductive' CPU
cycles.

WLM is to deliver service.
SMS is to remove storage management from Apps (centralised control).

Which parameters are set is nobody's business as long as business goals are
met, and data access is reliable, integral, and responsive.

Ignorance is curable; stupidity lasts forever.

(Everything else is just noise).

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!