>Yes, DFHSM does back up the application programmer's PDSes. Not data files. We
>don't have enough hours in the day to backup everything with
DFHSM.

How often do these files change?
How many images do you have?
How many copies of HSM are you running?

Yes, when you first start it backing up everything, HSM may take a long time.
But, eventually things should settle down.

>Many of the programmers don't seem to have the ability to remember how to
>issue DFHSM commands like HRECOVER. So they whine for us to do it.

Many shops don't let apps interface directly with HSM.
But, if you do, give them some panels and execs.
I'm sure some exist on the cbt.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!