True. But I think it was also a "hurry and convert to save money" issue
as well. That's what I get from the OP's post as a perceived benefit.
The city wants to save money and do it quickly. Doing things quickly
often results in things being overlooked. Like what to do with 6 year
old tapes with legal requirements to keep for 10 years. And what do to
with the obsolete applications which process that data.

It also reminds me of some projects that have gone on here in the past.
They were developed and tested. They worked well and were well received
by the users. But when a full load was placed on them (600 users vs. 10
testers), they crashed and burned.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.