On 7 Jul 2008 15:23:20 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main (Message-ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thompson, Steve) wrote:

Running without support should not be that big of a problem, if you have no outstanding problems today. And if you are a stable shop, with minor applications being changed, you should be fine. However, if there is some hardware issue that needs/requires micro-code changes (Ecs), and then certain changes to IBM's I/O code and then an ISV's code, you will
be behind the curve.

Not to mention interfacing new software (such as software to let other platforms comminicate with the mainframe).

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com