On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 07:47:20 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:55:10 -0500, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>

>>I have long been in the habit of using:
>>
>>    //HIDDEN  DD  *  (text to be ignored)
>>         All the unprocessed text
>>         that I want.
>>
>>I think this makes my intent far more clear than relying on your
>
>What's wrong with comments?
>
>//*
>//*  All the unprocessed text
>//*  that I want.
>//*

Comments are good.  But for effectively deleting in-stream data temporarily,
I prefer to use Paul's approach.  It's easier if there are more than a very
few statements, especially in cases where all 80 columns are used.  If I
want to temporarily delete a lot of JCL, I might code a DD DATA.  That one
needs to be used with greater care though because it can be very confusing.

--
Tom Marchant