You specified (SYSDA,10) in your allocation.  This means up to 4000
cylinders on the first volume and up to 1600 cylinders on each of up to
9 additional volumes.

-----Original Message-----
From: William F Besnier [mailto:snip]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 6:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DASD Space Allocation

I'm not explaining my concerns correctly. My concern is not the number
of extents used; it is the space allocated, the JCL space parameter is
asking for 2500,100 cylinders of space for a total 4000 cylinders. What
seems to have happened is the first volume was allocated the primary + 3
extents for 2800 cylinders; the second volume was allocated 16 extents
of 100 cylinders for 1600 cylinders - rlse, the total being 4331
cylinders being allocated when only 4000 was requested. The file/volume
are non-SMS and my question is WHY ISN'T THE JCL REQUEST BEING HONOURED?