From: Mark Zelden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 12:08:37 PM
Subject: Re: TPX and two RACF systems

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:09:08 -0500, McKown, John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> can the two RACF systems talk to each
>> other, so that if the password is changed on the production
>> side, it propagates the password change to the test RACF system?
>>

>RRSF (a part of RACF) can keep the RACF databases "in sync". It
>communicates, IIRC, via APPC. You might want to ask how to set RRSF up on
>the RACF-L list. I don't know.

We use RRSF between 2 sysplexes and it works great.  Some things don't
propegate (like certificates).  The details are in the fine manual.

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ICHZA780/12.0?SHELF=ICHZBK81&DT=20070502112744

Entire RACF bookshelf (z/OS 1.9):
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/ICHZBK81

Mark