All,

You can find datasets like this from your SMF data. Look at 14 and 15
records and find those datasets that are being closed with more than 32
extents and you know you will have a problem with just two volumes. Back in
the day this was standard practice for any SMS conversion or volume
consolidation (I remember checking this for 3380-D to 3390-3).

You could also look at converting to Extended Format, but that still needs
you to check SMF records for any unsupported access methods.

Ron