Hylton Tom P wrote:
> As DB2 guy, I used to religously use the CSVLLAxx member to avoid
> impacting others.
>
> However, my main zos guru recommended to me a while back (maybe the last
> 2 ZOS releases?) that the benefits were so minimal now that it wasn't
> worth the effort to code  the CSVLLA route any longer, and to just go
> ahead and do a total refresh each time.
>

>From a performance standpoint I don't see it as being a big hitter, but
using F LLA,REFRESH always has the possibility of unexpected changed
modules becoming active. Using F LLA,UPDATE=xx at least has the known
effect of only updating the "stuff" in the member.
> Anyone concur?
>
>   Reference Documentation:
>             z/OS MVS Setting Up a Sysplex
>             z/OS MVS System Management Facilities (SMF)
>             z/OS MVS Initialization and Tuning Guide
>             z/OS MVS Programming: Authorized Assembler Services
>     Reference ENF-IXG
>             z/OS MVS Initialization and Tuning Reference
>             z/OS MVS System Commands
>             z/OS MVS Planning: Operations
>             IBM Health Checker for z/OS: User's Guide
>
>   Automation:  N/A
>
>   Check Reason:  Logger staging dataset full conditions should be
>     investigated to determine if application performance is being
>     impacted
>                                                   Time of Last
> Log Stream                 Structure        Count Condition (GMT)
> ADCP.WPSPRD1.DFHLOG        *DASDONLY*       3     09/17/2008 18:32:11
> ADCP.WPSTST1.DFHLOG        *DASDONLY*       1     08/08/2008 13:55:01
>
> END TIME: 09/18/2008 05:21:13.463906  STATUS: EXCEPTION-LOW
>

> We're 1.9, and YMMV of course,
> tom

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Tampa, FL
----

Today, we celebrate the first glorious anniversary of the
Information Purification Directives. We have created, for
the first time in all history, a garden of pure ideology.
Where each worker may bloom secure from the pests of
contradictory and confusing truths. Our Unification of
Thoughts is more powerful a weapon than any fleet or army
on earth. We are one people, with one will, one resolve,
one cause. Our enemies shall talk themselves to death and
we will bury them with their own confusion. We shall prevail!

Apple's television commercial - Super Bowl - 1984