From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:16 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Update datasets defined in lnklst

>Unless you have absolute control over all of the libraries in the
LINKLIST you should use CSVLLAxx otherwise you could accidentally
install someone else's pre-staged change.

In all shops I've worked in, only one department 'owned' the link list,
even if the products in it 'belonged' to each other.
And, they talked to each other.

>In a large shop that is a real issue.
>ROT is to always go for the least possible impact to the system.

The TRUE ROT is to have proper change control and procedures.
Then you can work out a process that is safe.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna