>Is there any shop running zlinux/zVM on mainframe z9/z10. How the setup or
>any pre-requisite required for mainframe. Currently our z9 is 2094-707
>running on 7 production LPARs and 2 development LPARs. Is there any harmful
>or risk to add one more LPAR with IFL to running LINUX. (different OS).  Any
>shop have the same configuration? By the way, any reference/red book teach
>how to setup and tuning?
>
>Any comment will be appreciated

Have been running zLinux since 2005 when we started on a z900 and now a
z9BC. I have a collection of comments in response to various questions
accumulated over the 3 years. I will send it to you offlist.

If anyone wants them, send me an offlist request. They have to do with
subjects like staffing, comparative costs, selling the idea, Political &
Sociological things to address, comments on the cultures of z/OS'ers - z/VM -
Windows - Network - etc along with observations of each works. Keep in mind
these are my own thoughts.

jim