On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:46:52 +0100, Gilbert Saint-Flour wrote:

>Try the IKJEFLN2 LOGON exit which allows TSO users to reconnect to their
>session or cancel it;  it's described here:
> http://gsf-soft.com/Products/IKJEFLN2.shtml
>
>To test IKJEFLN2, you can download a load-module which will work until
>the end of the year; it's available here:
> http://gsf-soft.com/Download/08444-ikjefln2.xmit.zip
>
>Installation info: http://gsf-soft.com/Documents/RECEIVE-XMIT.shtml
>
>If you like what the IKJEFLN2 exit does for you, your company can buy a
>license which is inexpensive.  Just let me know.

z/VM has a marvelous command, "LOGON <userid> HERE", which allows
a user to usurp a session from another terminal?  YTF not z/OS?
LOGON ... HERE is really elegant.  If I usurp an active XEDIT session
with a terminal with a different screen geometry, XEDIT reformats
to the new screen geometry as soon as I refresh the screen.  Why
can't TSO/ISPF provide the same facility?

This is analogous to resizing a window belonging to an active
application.  Most modern OSes and applications support this.
Why not TSO/ISPF?

Does your IKJEFLN2 exit permit usurping a session while it's still
connected (as when I leave my office without disconnecting and try
to reconnect from home?)

Checking the "RECONNECT" box on the TSO login screen used to work
for me, prior to tn3270.  Now accidental disconnects apparently
leave the session active, and it must be cancelled with an operator
command.

-- gil