When I still worked at P&H Mining a couple of years ago, they had Netview
Access Services (NVAS).  I think that product was discontinued, or at least not
being improved.

NVAS allowed you to go to any terminal and logon on to NVAS.  Any mainframe
sessions you were on could be continued from wherever you left off.  It was
very handy when you went in to the computer room, and needed to show someone
something.

I don't belive you could change terminal types though.  Since most people at
P&H used 3278 Mod 2's, it didn't much matter, but yes - I believe it would be a
good feature to be able to switch terminal sessions on the fly.  I get hit with
that all the time when I want to go from Mod 4 mode to Mod 5 or back.

Eric

--
Eric Bielefeld
Systems Programmer