Walt Farrell wrote:
>It's fairly simple to write a REXX exec that will use LMMLIST to get the list
>of
PDS members, at which point the exec can loop through the list and invoke
ISPF Edit on each member, passing a macro name as the imacro. The macro
can either display the hit if it finds one, or cancel out of the member if it
doesn't find it, and the outer exec will then proceed to the next member in the
list.

You can also use PARSE or just use EDIT macros (prefixes and suffixes are
also supported.) Look in ISPF Edit and Edit Macros for more fun editing.

Jim McAlpine wrote:

>Thanks but I managed to get SRCHFOR to do what I want thanks to tips from
Elardus.  I hadn't realised how powerful a utility it was.  Just goes to show
what RTFM can do.

It is a big lion pleasure! ;-D

Could you use Don Leahy's suggestion? Just curious...

I see also OMVS solutions, REXX solutions and CBT and Vendor solutions in
this thread. So little time to research all of them and educate my
colleagues...
<sigh... :-D >

>Thanks to all for their suggestions.

IBM-MAIN is great indeed... :)