Let me preface this by stating that I have not done any HTML lately, or
Java ever.

I would like to think that is a way to get the scrollable area to be
positioned at the bottom upon initial display of a web page.

So with the PMR/ETR display that we have now (after the back-out of the
postage stamp 3270-1 type display), why not position the displayable
area, upon entry to the ETR, to the bottom?

The stated goal was missed, because the postage stamp display (at least
for me) did not display the latest update, but required me to drag the
scroll-bar down to the bottom.

The idea of putting the info in the notification mail (that is, the
current update from IBM) was good. I liked it, I didn't have a problem
with it, other than I would like them to keep the URL info in it (I was
getting them w/o that).

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- Opinions expressed by this poster may not be those of the poster's
employer. --