On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:39:01 -0800, Gibney, Dave wrote:

>  Of course, this is easy in 3270 land...PF6 and you're pretty close.

If I understand the requirement, it's likewise easy in Safari land:
Comand-Down arrow gets you to the bottom, etc.

???  You mean, like, a command entry box in which the user could type
"BOTTOM", "TOP", "DOWN 42", etc.?

The only plain text browser I used to use with IBMLink was Lynx.
Alas, IBMLink 2K made incompatible changes and I had to switch to
Firefox.

How about an index sidebar frame, click to go to a selected ply?
Nah, overkill.  IBM's resources should first be spent on improving
reliability/availability.

>                                          ...  And please, as much
>as I argue for top-posting in email threads, do not even think about
>displaying ETR updates in reverse order. That would be the very
>definition

Two of a piece.  I prefer both in chronological order.  With
quotations trimmed in email; else blog it.

-- gil