On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:13:53 -0600, Hal Merritt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Which time stamp? SMF records contain both a base time and an offset.
>AFAIK, the only way to change the base time is an IPL. As others have
>noted, many of us more lazy types use GMT as the base and then an
>arbitrary offset.

In particular, I looked at SMF30TME in the SMF type 30 record.

>Displayed time stamps such as the SYSLOG and other JES listings would
>reflect the time +/- offset, giving the appearance of duplication.
>
>Come to think of it, there would be no duplication, only the apparent
>chronological order of events would be affected.
>
>I seem to recall that the SYSLOG is in the correct chronological order
>with the display timestamp valid at that point in time.

True. However, I merge SYSLOG from 2 systems together using DFSORT and a
special program. It sorts on the date and time in the SYSLOG. So, after the
sort, the before and after time change records would be intermixed. Probably
a defect of my routine.

--
John