Actually, with Softcopy Librarian, it is easy and practical to download
most every manual you need. I guess needing older versions is a
complication, but right now, I have z/OS 1.7 thru z/OS 1.10 at work and
1.7/1.9 on my laptop.

I do wish IBM would get BookManager upgraded to work on Vista someday
soon.

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:57:41 +0100, Hunkeler Peter (KIUK 3)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>- Because I need to view so many different versions of manuals, for
>>different releases of IMS, z/OS, DFSMS, etc., it is not practical to
>>download copies of all manuals to my work PC, home PC, laptop, etc.,
>>or to charge someone with doing the same on a company server.
>>[snip]
>>- Book Manager manuals are fast because only the portion you need is
>>downloaded

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State Univsersity