I was not annoyed by the questions, but I expected a responsible answer to
my question of "why". Anyone is free to "wonder why" and even "ask why" but
should not expect that valuable time will be spent providing answers to
questions for which there is no reason you should care. Almost everyone who
participates in this forum (whether IBM, customer, or ISV) is doing so "on
their own dime" and a lot of extremely valuable information is exchanged.
That is a great thing. But never forget that it is all based on the good
will of the participants.

As John E kindly put it, we would not have created something that cost us
time and effort if we didn't think (to the best of our knowledge) that it
was needed.

>There is no clear description what is a difference between delete and
>deactivate, there are no clear guidelines explaining the purpose of both
>commands.

There is always room for improved documentation when it is needed. If all
that a HC user cares about is that the check not run again, there is no
difference. One pretty obvious difference is that you can't "activate"
something that is "deleted". There is a section in the book that talks
about delete vs refresh. And the description of refresh mentions "delete"
then "addnew". There is a lot of description of "addnew" including a
section entitled "But my check doesn't reappear after ADDNEW - what
happened to it?"

>There is absoluetely no explanation why should I use HZSAIEOF program
>despite IEFBR14 performs the same work.
Nor will there or should there be some. You are assuming incorrectly that
IEFBR14 "performs the same work". It doesn't.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design