> Actually, I would probably be more confused if the SMF ID and SYSNAME
> didn't match.

I've always kept them same, except at one shop where they wanted to move JES
names around in case of a system failure.

It never happened, while I was there.
And, GDPS made them non-movable (automation was easier).

There were two sites with multiple image SYSPLEX's.
So, the LPAR=SMFID=JESID=SYSID.
But, the node names were SITEn, where N was the Site #.

Even with a single site and a single system, if the node name was required, I
would make it different than the others.
The site may have to expand to multiple systems due to growth, or you may
someday have to connect to a different site (possibly due to acquisition --
yours or somebody else's).

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!