-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Edward Jaffe
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 1:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: JES2 Node Name

Thompson, Steve wrote:
> One more thing to consider: How would GRS determine who is reserving
> (enqueue) what from whom? So wouldn't you be forced into RESERVES? And
> there goes response/through-put.

The values you use for SMF IDs and JES member names have no effect
whatsoever on serialization.
<SNIP>

I was thinking that while the OP was making things the same (which I
thought he was indicating MVS info as well), that they could carry this
a bit too far. So the idea was to bring up ramifications of the various
names -- perhaps GRS was not the best example.

So let us look at TCP. How would you ID the stack you need to go to, for
an application running on MVSA, when all your images are named MVSA? How
would you put in your DNS entries to know which is which? And even if
you did, your application can't seem to get affinity to the system it
needs (unless it is set to a specific job class and that class is only
available on MVSA as opposed to MVSA as opposed to MVSA).

Let's see, one pill makes you.... (a la Jefferson Airplane).

Regards,
Steve Thompson