>Never take names lightly. Most especially, do not name things casually with
>the expectation that you can always rename them later.

Technically, it's easy.
Politically, ...!

>Naming is one of the biggest headaches in company mergers. Do your future self
>the favor of taking great care today.

We had SMF ID's, at one shop, that were set up to identify the systems as
3090's.
They changed it with upgrades from 3033's, 470's, and 308x's.
But, after the the upgrades to 3090's, the exits were set up to manage stuff
based on fixed SMF ID's.
So, we had 1100A's, 1400A's, 9672's, & z/900's identified as 3090's.
We even had vendors make assumptions based on SMF ID's.

Pick hardware independent names.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!