In <epusl49s89hp80n0v2teq5k7utai1p6...@4ax.com>, on 01/02/2009
   at 01:45 PM, Howard Brazee <howard.bra...@cusys.edu> said:

>Today's code should not be obtuse enough that other programmers have to
>study to find out what we did.   But sometimes they should know why we
>did it a particular way.   (Assembler needs more documentation than "self
>documenting" languages, but design the documentation so that it is read
>and maintained).

There are no self documenting languages. Regardless of the language, a
real programmer will use appropriate choices of comments and labels to
make the code legible, and will keep the documentation up to date.
Responsible management will not only allow him to do so, but will require
it. Anything less will come back to haunt you, or your successor.