On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Eric Bielefeld <eric-ibmm...@wi.rr.com> wrote:
> I hope that when people say "Real Programmers don't comment code" that they
> are being humorous, or just kidding around.  Assemble code for someone like
> myself who has done a lot of coding, but done it a long time ago, is hard to
> read.  Good comments make it at least possible to follow what the author was
> doing.  I think if I were the boss, and someone wrote a lot of assmbler code
> without comments, they would either change their ways, or find a different
> job.

I worked for a development company where, at an engineering meeting,
the VP of Engineering said that folks shouldn't comment their code,
because the comments might not be correct.  I waited for him to laugh.
He didn't.

Later, I asked one of the others about it; he assured me that the VP
was serious.

I ignored him.

They're not out of business...

(I know, it must have been MY fault!)