<Snipped>
> Suppose that an ISV had a new release of their product, and that the
> "DLL" was part of the SMP/E install. Further suppose that the "DLL"
was
> built and populated as part of the install instructions.
>
> Now, if anything were added by your site to the DLL it would be done
via
> ++USERMOD within the SMP/E environment.
>
> Would your site have a problem with that? And how would it be
addressed?

Different scenario entirely.  Now you are talking about software that
the sysprogs install.  They have different rules and different tools
than application programmers.

I answered from the application developer's standpoint, not the sysprog
one.  I did assume, perhaps incorrectly, that the OP's question was
directed at the application side of the fence.  His words were "to use a
feature of a vendor product on z/OS, you need to put some code in a
DLL".  Looking at it again, that could apply equally to either the
installers or to the users of the ISV product, so my answer was
one-sided.

To answer your question, I don't *think* there would be a problem
because SMP/E was doing the install, not the SDLC software used by
programmers.

OTOH I could speculate that the installers and the ISV might have to
answer serious mgmt. questions about whether, given the checkered
history of stability for PDSE's, the new product release was safe to
install into the production environment.  I could also speculate that
alternative products might be given a second look.  But I don't really
know what would happen, since that's not in my area.

Peter

and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.